III. ONE NATION UNDER GOD;
- In 1792, the Congress voted this Resolution: “The Congress of the United States recommends and approves the Holy Bible for use in all schools.” The Supreme Court, in 1947, Banished this Prayer, “Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence on Thee. We beg Thy blessings upon us and our parents and our teachers and our country Amen”. The Supreme Court said,
- “If portions of The New Testament were read without explanation, they could and have been psychological harmful to children.”
- And yet the Bible was quoted about 94 percent of the time.
- In 1965 the Supreme Court ruled as unconstitutional the rights of a student to “BOW HIS HEAD AND PRAY AUDIBLE, for his food.”
- In 1980, Stone vs. Graham Outlawed THE 10 COMMANDMENTS IN OUR SCHOOLS, Saying that it would induce the children to read them and if they read them, Meditated upon them, and perhaps venerated and observed them, this is not a Permissible objective.”
- In other words the moral principles of the 10 commandments are rejected.
- James Madison said that we have staked the Whole future of our New Nation…according to the principles of the Ten Commandments.
The Bible must be restored to its proper place in America as Public Law No. 97-280 states in 1983, …the Bible , the Word of God, has made a unique contribution in shaping the United States of America as a distinctive and blessed nation…Deeply held religious convictions springing from the Holy Scriptures led to the early settlement of our nation…Biblical teachings inspired concepts of civil government that are contained in our Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States (Public Law 97-280). The Doctrine of the separation of church and state only said that the State is to stay out of the Church’s business. Our forefathers never thought that anyone would not want to go to church to worship God. Their meaning was that the Government was not to interfere with freedom of religion. History tells us that after the Boston Tea Party, King George had all Pennsylvania on Marshall Law locked down with guards everywhere. This brought about their battle cry, “WE HAVE NO KING BUT JESUS”. This is the Bible of Abram, Issac, and Jacob which includes the New Testament’
Author: John Cooper
Dr. John Cooper is a professional land surveyor at Cooper Land Surveying, Inc., business owner and sales consultant, he prepares every survey according to the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying standards. He graduated from Luther Rice Seminary with a Doctorate of Ministry Degree preparing him for a long tenure in working with people.