My Goal is be a true representative of all the people in the Fourth District
scheduling one to three meetings each month in different locations for breakfast
keep in touch with the people and report to them what is happening in Washington.
The following was written in 1918 by William Tyler Page of Friendship Heights, Maryland in the course of a nationwide contest on the subject.
THE AMERICAN’S CREED:
- I BELIEVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AS A GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE;
- WHOSE JUST POWERS ARE DERIVED FROM THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED;
- A DEMOCRACY IN A REPUBLIC, A SOVEREIGN NATION OF MANY SOVEREIGN STATES;
- A PERFECT UNION, ONE AND INSEPARABLE;
- ESTABLISHED UPON THOSE PRINCIPLES OF FREEDOM, EQUALITY, JUSTICE, AND HUMANITY FOR WHICH AMERICAN PATRIOTS SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES AND FORTUNES.
- I THEREFORE BELIEVE IT IS MY DUTY TO MY COUNTRY TO LOVE IT; TO SUPPORT ITS CONSTITUTION; TO OBEY ITS LAWS; TO RESPECT ITS FLAG; AND TO DEFEND IT AGAINST ALL ENEMIES.
Author: John Cooper
Dr. John Cooper is a professional land surveyor at Cooper Land Surveying, Inc., business owner and sales consultant, he prepares every survey according to the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying standards. He graduated from Luther Rice Seminary with a Doctorate of Ministry Degree preparing him for a long tenure in working with people.